News in NetPhantom 2.0
- The NetPhantom Web Server!
- SSL - Secure Socket Layer, with up to 128-bit transaction encryption.
- Print Report API implemented for REXX objects. The report is printed on
the client-defined printer.
- NetPhantom Starter and a version supporting SSL.
- DDE support with NetPhantom Starter. Requires installation of a DLL on a Win32 machine.
- Support for running the server as a service under Windows NT.
- Server Configuration using GUI in the Server Administration Program.
- Cross Reference Generator for runtime files outputs information
in XML files (also integrated into Phantom Editor and NetRexxConversion).
- Network performance of Client/Server communication improved (count of
packets reduced by 50% and sending speed by 100%, resulting in total
improvement of about 200%).
- Support for resizable applet using Internet Explorer 4+ (use client option RESIZE=1).
- Optional preloading of classes to enhance start-up time for the
first NetPhantom Client connections (see 'preloadClassFile' entry
under [base] section of server.ini and the file server.preloadClasses).
- Event log setting to print output on screen for the default event
log user exit. Specify "eventLogToScreen=0" in the "[base]" section
- Class files for REXX objects and server user windows are reloaded
when a runtime application is reloaded for new users. Existing users
will still use the previous REXX objects (Java classes).
- New option for Client 'RESURL' to specify where image resources
should be loaded from (practical when running the client as a Java
- New option for client: LAF=lookAndFeel, to set the initial look-and-feel
for the client, where 'lookAndFeel' can be 'SYSTEM' for system
dependant look, 'JLF' for Java Look-and-Feel (Metal), a look-and-feel
class name or empty string to leave it as default.
- Support for passing user variables from the client (applet) to the
server (using Global Variables) at start-up; allows integration of
HTML-based applications with the NetPhantom Java Client.
- New option for the Server: "RESTART" will enable Hard JVM Restart.
This option is otherwise disabled (old batch/script files have to be changed).
- New event user exit interface (se.entra.phantom.server.EventInterface2)
extends se.entra.phantom.server.EventInterface in order to provide
user exit independent information with an "initialize" method.
The previous interface is still supported.