News in NetPhantom 3.0
News in NetPhantom 2.1
- The NetPhantom Web Application using HTML. Two new samples for the
Phantom Tutorial are included.
- NetPhantom SecureLogin system for secure login over HTTPS and Internet.
- Load balancing support for the NetPhantom Server.
- Support for SSL in NetPhantom Client running as an applet.
- Mail and mobile phone SMS support (optional):
- Mail form CGI for the web server
- Mail API from e.g. Java and REXX code, enabling integration of a NetPhantom application with mail
- Important server events can be mailed to administrator(s)
- Server Administration Program enhanced:
- Mail and mobile phone SMS (optional) for important server events
- File Manager
- Creation of self-signed certificates
- Creation of multiple client certificates
- Package for quick remote upgrade of the NetPhantom Server from the Server
Administration Program (requires NetPhantom 2.10 Build 547 or later).
- NetPhantom Starter and Client enhanced to manage certificates accepted
by the user permanently or for the session.
- Local help using native browser when running the Client as an applet.
- Date and amount control for the entry field.
- Dramatic performance enhancement (up to 20 times when using slow communication lines) for panels with
notebooks and/or combination boxes.
- Memory optimization in web server (smarter cache, also enhanced for large resources).
- New resource types for web server: "HTTP redirection" and "File system (unparsed documents)".
- Initial terminal window bounds can now be set.
- Optional and customizable print current panel keystroke.
- File transfer user windows enhanced.
- Full TN3270E support, optionally selectable.
- Support for 3270 host printing on the NetPhantom Client, i.e. emulation of the IBM 3287-1 printer using LU1 and LU3.
The Server Administration program has been extended to provide settings for the printer as well as configuration
of a printer session associated with a 3270 terminal session.
- Optional type-ahead in terminal session.
- 3270 terminal color palette has been extended from 8 basic colors to 16 (8 basic and 8 for high intensity).
- Support for Cookies in web server using the NetPhantom Server Java API (see HttpCookie, HttpSession,
- Enhanced HTTP authentication engine for the web server.
- HTTP header size for client requests is no longer restricted to 2 KB.
- Better support for multi-homed IP networks.
- All NetPhantom INI files are ISO 8859-1 encoded, even in EBCDIC environments (OS/390).
- New Telnet Tracer and Playback utilities included in the NetPhantomServer.jar. These utilities are typically used
as advanced problem determination aid. They can also be used to simulate a stressload for the NetPhantom Server.
- New NetPhantom Java Client parameters:
- "DRAG=1" to set "faster" window drag inside browser or MDI (default for Windows),
"DRAG=2" for outline window drag (default for Motif). This is typically useful for slower
client CPUs ("DRAG=2")
- "UNICODE=1" to set Unicode for all string/character transaction to the server
- Optional redirection of screen output to trace file (stdout and stderr from e.g. REXX).
- Possibility to restrict usage of host session IDs for defined runtime applications.
News in NetPhantom 2.0