News in NetPhantom 3.1
News in NetPhantom 3.0
- Host session pooling.
- Dynamic table CGI for HTML applications.
- New JDBC sample (both Java Client and as HTML application).
- Full Euro symbol support in both EBCDIC and OEM code pages.
- Support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 for HTML applications.
- New packaging and native controller programs when running NetPhantom in AS/400
Version 4.5 or better using JDK 1.3.
- OneLogin featuring single-login for the same user for multiple connections with
a NetPhantom Java Client.
- Cursor positioning in host terminal screen using the mouse.
- New performance measurement-enabling tools:
- TelnetTracer combined with TelnetPlayback. These utilities are the
foundation for being able to simulate a host environment of several
hundreds or thousands of concurrent users to a host system.
- Stress-test clients with or without Java GUI (Stress and StressNoGUI),
runs several concurrent clients to the same server with minimal
resource requirements. These utilities can be used to "emulate" a
use environment on few fast computers of several hundreds or even
thousands of normal clients.
- Server Administration enhanced with "Client ping" in the Statistics panel
used to measure the server responsiveness. This feature is typically used
when doing performance measurements of a NetPhantom Server.
- New function under Server Administration menu item "Server - Thread usage"
displaying the currently running threads for each client. This enhancement
eases problem determination, typically when having application with a lot of
- Performance enhancement for incomming Web or Java Client requests
in the Server when being heavily loaded by many Java Clients or
simultaneous browser requests.
- Certain kernel function in NetPhantom rewritten for optimal performance
in conjunction with most Just-in-time-compilers for the Java Virtual
Machine 1.3. This results in a better overall performance when a server
drives many clients.
- New setting to enable native class loading of REXX-converted code in Java
classes, option "useNativeClassLoader=1" in [base] section in "server.ini".
Note that application reload does not reload the class files with this option.
For AS/400, this is a performance enhancement, other platforms does not show
great improvements in load speed.
- New options for HTML document parsing in server.ini:
- htmlWriterIndenting: should paresed HTML code be indented or not, default is no indent.
- htmlWriterPreserveSpaces: should parsed HTML code preserve or strip spaces from source HTML.
- New serializer Xerces 1.3 from Apache in the OpenXML package (conforms to JAXP specifications).
- @**HOST@ special variable now supported in NetPhantom for e.g. REXX function
- New REXX function rc=ShowDocument(url,target) that displays an URL in a
browser window (default target is "_blank", i.e. a new browser window).
- Spin button enhanced to support same functions as a combobox, e.g.
REXX function PanListXxx and VirtualInterface functions such as insertLine,
- Server User Windows can now be global and application local (first APPNAME.serverUserWindow.MODULE_PROCEDURE
is loaded, and if this fails serverUserWindow.MODULE_PROCEDURE will be tried).
- Function HostHideSession sets a different text in terminal window on client side.
- NetPhantom Client JAR files are now signed by Entra for use with Java 2 with a certificate from Thawte.
- 3270 host printing for LU3 printing fully functional.
- The mail utility will now take host name from system properties.
This can be done by setting System-Property("mail.host") from the command line in the following name:
News in NetPhantom 2.1
News in NetPhantom 2.0