News in NetPhantom Version 3.9
These are news implemented in NetPhantom 3.90 Build 2100.
Version 3.80 Build 2029
- NetPhantom Java Client now supports type-ahead for graphical panels. All keystrokes during a panel
session lock is played back when the session unlocks. To enable type-ahead, specify the client option
TYPEAH:1. This type-ahead support is only available in JDK 1.4.2 or better.
Version 3.80 Build 2016
- NetPhantom Java Client now supports external Focus Managers. The NetPhantom Client class PFocusManager
can now be extended and has extra methods (super_NNN) that calls its superclass.
Version 3.80 Build 2004
- New certificates from VeriSign valid until October 2009 are now used to sign the CAB and JAR files.
Version 3.80 Build 1990
- Client terminal emulator window now supports editing fields locally and doesn't require the server to process
every keystroke. This is a drastic performance enhancement for the terminal part, combined with rewritten
and refined drawing algorithms. This enhancement cannot be measured in percent; the result is much like
running a pure terminal emulation software on the client, whilst the emulator software still runs on the
server, resulting in a very small foot-print for the client. This functionality only applies to 3270 sessions,
5250 sessions still lets the server process every keystroke. Use the Server Administration program under
Server - Configure - Base under the Host
notebook tab using the option Enable client-local field editing (3270 only).
- New capture utility provided as an applet and Java application to capture screens from a 3270 or 5250 host.
Follow this link for the documentation.
Version 3.80 Build 1984
- Support for the entry field option Activate keypad that turns on the Num Lock indicator when running JDK 1.3 or better.
- Support to use TN5250 enhanced keyboard, codepage and character set initialization for a 5250 session.
The following keyboard types are available:
- System default (*SYSVAL)
- Albania (ALI) + Euro (ALM)
- Arabic X (CLB)
- Arabic X Euro CLE)
- Austria/Germany (AGB) + Euro (AGE) + Multinational (AGI) + Multinational Euro (AGM)
- Bulgaria (BGB) + Euro (BGE)
- Belgium Multinational (BLI) + Euro (BLM)
- Brazilian Portuguese (BRB) + Euro (BRE)
- Canadian French (CAB) + Euro (CAE) + Multinational (CAI) + Multinational Euro (CAM)
- Croatia, Serbia (Latin), and Slovenia (YGI) + Euro (YGM)
- Czech Republic (CSB) + Euro (CSE)
- Cyrillic (CYB)
- Denmark (DMB) + Euro (DME) + Multinational (DMI) + Multinational Euro (DMM)
- Estonia (ESB)
- France (Azerty) (FAB) + Euro (FAE) + Multinational (FAI) + Multinational Euro (FAM)
- Finland/Sweden (FNB) + Euro (FNE) + Multinational (FNI) + Multinational Euro (FNM)
- France (Qwerty) (FQB) + (Qwerty) Multinational (FQI)
- FYR (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) (MKB) + Euro (MKE)
- Greece (GKB) + (GNB) + Euro (GNE)
- Hebrew (NCB) + Euro (NCE)
- Hindi (HIB)
- Hungary (HNB) + Euro (HNE)
- Iceland (ICB) + Euro (ICE) + Multinational (ICI) + Multinational Euro (ICM)
- India (Urdu) (PKB) + Euro (PKE)
- International (INB) + Multinational (INI)
- Iran (Farsi) (IRB)
- Italy (ITB) + Euro (ITE) + Multinational (ITI) + Multinational Euro (ITM)
- Japan (English) (JEB) + Multinational (JEI) + (Kanji) and Katakana (JKB) +
- Japan Latin Extended (JPB) + Euro (JPE)
- Japan Kanji and United States English (JUB)
- Japan (Katakana) (KAB)
- Korea (KOB)
- Lao People's Democratic Republic (LAB) + Euro (LAE)
- Lithuania (LTB)
- Latin 2 (ROB) + Euro (ROE)
- Latvia (LVB)
- Netherlands (NEB) + Euro (NEE) + Multinational (NEI) + Multinational Euro (NEM)
- Norway (NWB) + Euro (NWE) + Multinational (NWI) + Multinational Euro (NWM)
- Polish (PLB) + Euro (PLE)
- Portugal (PRB) + Euro (PRE) + Multinational (PRI) + Multinational Euro (PRM)
- Romania (RMB) + Euro (RME)
- Russia (RUB) + Euro (RUE)
- Serbia (Cyrillic) (SQB) + Euro (SQE)
- Simplified Chinese (RCB)
- Slovakia (SKB) + Euro (SKE)
- Spain (SPB) + Euro (SPE) + Multinational (SPI) + Multinational Euro (SPM)
- Spanish Speaking (SSB) + Euro (SSE) + Multinational (SSI) + Multinational Euro (SSM)
- Sweden (SWB) + Euro (SWE) + Multinational (SWI) + Multinational Euro (SWM)
- Switzerland/French Multinational (SFI) + Euro (SFM)
- Switzerland/German Multinational (SGI) + Euro (SGM)
- Thailand (THB) + Euro (THE)
- Traditional Chinese (TAB)
- Turkey (TKB) + (Qwerty) Euro (TKE) + (F) (TRB) + (F) Euro (TRE)
- Ukraine (UAB) + Euro (UAE)
- United Kingdom (UKB) + Euro (UKE) + Multinational (UKI) + Multinational Euro (UKM)
- United States/Canada (USB) + Euro (USE) + Multinational (USI) + Multinational Euro (USM)
- Vietnam (VNB) + Euro (VNE)
Version 3.80 Build 1976
- New options to set the country locale information, typically used for sorting lists. Use the Server Administration
program, menu item Configure - Base and then the Country notebook page.
Version 3.80 Build 1972
- New option for the Session Booster implementation in NetPhantom allowing a client parameter to specify a subdirectory
where the PSB.INI file should be read, below the directory of the runtime file (NPR). Specify the NetPhantom Client parameter
$PSB.INI.DIR and define a subdirectory name, e.g. test
Version 3.80 Build 1967
- The EE host session now supports fast cursor movements (up/down/left/right) and the Field Exit, Field Plus and Field Minus
Version 3.80 Build 1966
- Client printing enhancement: the print dialog box is displayed once only for each printing type (host print, report printing,
print window, etc) when the client parameter PRTDLG:1 is specified.
Version 3.80 Build 1952
- New Wizard toolbox for the Server Administration program for creating and editing (EEM) master files for the (EE) Emulator Emulator.
The GUI panel used to create and edit such a master file is compatible with the EE package used in Phantom Hurricane. See its
documentation for more information.
The links below indicates news implemented in the individual builds: