News in NetPhantom Version 3.9
These are news implemented in NetPhantom 3.90 Build 2100.
For detailed information about news in individual Builds, click here.
Also see news in the Older versions.
News in Version 3.90
- NetPhantom Java Client now supports type-ahead for graphical panels. All keystrokes during a panel
session lock is played back when the session unlocks. To enable type-ahead, specify the client option
TYPEAH:1. This type-ahead support is only available in JDK 1.4.2 or better.
- Client terminal emulator window now supports editing fields locally and doesn't require the server to process
every keystroke. This is a drastic performance enhancement for the terminal part, combined with rewritten
and refined drawing algorithms. This enhancement cannot be measured in percent; the result is much like
running a pure terminal emulation software on the client, whilst the emulator software still runs on the
server, resulting in a very small foot-print for the client. This functionality only applies to 3270 sessions,
5250 sessions still lets the server process every keystroke. Use the Server Administration program under
Server - Configure - Base under the Host
notebook tab using the option Enable client-local field editing (3270 only).
- Client printing enhancement: the print dialog box is displayed once only for each printing type (host print, report printing,
print window, etc) when the client parameter PRTDLG:1 is specified.
- New Wizard toolbox for the Server Administration program for creating and editing (EEM) master files for the (EE) Emulator Emulator.
The GUI panel used to create and edit such a master file is compatible with the EE package used in Phantom Hurricane. See its
documentation for more information.
- Support for the entry field option Activate keypad that turns on the Num Lock indicator when running JDK 1.3 or better.
- New options to set the country locale information, typically used for sorting lists. Use the Server Administration
program, menu item Configure - Base and then the Country notebook page.
- New capture utility provided as an applet and Java application to capture screens from a 3270 or 5250 host.
Follow this link for the documentation.
- Support to use TN5250 enhanced keyboard, codepage and character set initialization for a 5250 session.
The following keyboard types are available:
- System default (*SYSVAL)
- Albania (ALI) + Euro (ALM)
- Arabic X (CLB)
- Arabic X Euro CLE)
- Austria/Germany (AGB) + Euro (AGE) + Multinational (AGI) + Multinational Euro (AGM)
- Bulgaria (BGB) + Euro (BGE)
- Belgium Multinational (BLI) + Euro (BLM)
- Brazilian Portuguese (BRB) + Euro (BRE)
- Canadian French (CAB) + Euro (CAE) + Multinational (CAI) + Multinational Euro (CAM)
- Croatia, Serbia (Latin), and Slovenia (YGI) + Euro (YGM)
- Czech Republic (CSB) + Euro (CSE)
- Cyrillic (CYB)
- Denmark (DMB) + Euro (DME) + Multinational (DMI) + Multinational Euro (DMM)
- Estonia (ESB)
- France (Azerty) (FAB) + Euro (FAE) + Multinational (FAI) + Multinational Euro (FAM)
- Finland/Sweden (FNB) + Euro (FNE) + Multinational (FNI) + Multinational Euro (FNM)
- France (Qwerty) (FQB) + (Qwerty) Multinational (FQI)
- FYR (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) (MKB) + Euro (MKE)
- Greece (GKB) + (GNB) + Euro (GNE)
- Hebrew (NCB) + Euro (NCE)
- Hindi (HIB)
- Hungary (HNB) + Euro (HNE)
- Iceland (ICB) + Euro (ICE) + Multinational (ICI) + Multinational Euro (ICM)
- India (Urdu) (PKB) + Euro (PKE)
- International (INB) + Multinational (INI)
- Iran (Farsi) (IRB)
- Italy (ITB) + Euro (ITE) + Multinational (ITI) + Multinational Euro (ITM)
- Japan (English) (JEB) + Multinational (JEI) + (Kanji) and Katakana (JKB) +
- Japan Latin Extended (JPB) + Euro (JPE)
- Japan Kanji and United States English (JUB)
- Japan (Katakana) (KAB)
- Korea (KOB)
- Lao People's Democratic Republic (LAB) + Euro (LAE)
- Lithuania (LTB)
- Latin 2 (ROB) + Euro (ROE)
- Latvia (LVB)
- Netherlands (NEB) + Euro (NEE) + Multinational (NEI) + Multinational Euro (NEM)
- Norway (NWB) + Euro (NWE) + Multinational (NWI) + Multinational Euro (NWM)
- Polish (PLB) + Euro (PLE)
- Portugal (PRB) + Euro (PRE) + Multinational (PRI) + Multinational Euro (PRM)
- Romania (RMB) + Euro (RME)
- Russia (RUB) + Euro (RUE)
- Serbia (Cyrillic) (SQB) + Euro (SQE)
- Simplified Chinese (RCB)
- Slovakia (SKB) + Euro (SKE)
- Spain (SPB) + Euro (SPE) + Multinational (SPI) + Multinational Euro (SPM)
- Spanish Speaking (SSB) + Euro (SSE) + Multinational (SSI) + Multinational Euro (SSM)
- Sweden (SWB) + Euro (SWE) + Multinational (SWI) + Multinational Euro (SWM)
- Switzerland/French Multinational (SFI) + Euro (SFM)
- Switzerland/German Multinational (SGI) + Euro (SGM)
- Thailand (THB) + Euro (THE)
- Traditional Chinese (TAB)
- Turkey (TKB) + (Qwerty) Euro (TKE) + (F) (TRB) + (F) Euro (TRE)
- Ukraine (UAB) + Euro (UAE)
- United Kingdom (UKB) + Euro (UKE) + Multinational (UKI) + Multinational Euro (UKM)
- United States/Canada (USB) + Euro (USE) + Multinational (USI) + Multinational Euro (USM)
- Vietnam (VNB) + Euro (VNE)
- New option for the Session Booster implementation in NetPhantom allowing a client parameter to specify a subdirectory
where the PSB.INI file should be read, below the directory of the runtime file (NPR). Specify the NetPhantom Client parameter
$PSB.INI.DIR and define a subdirectory name, e.g. test
- The EE host session now supports fast cursor movements (up/down/left/right) and the Field Exit, Field Plus and Field Minus
- NetPhantom Java Client now supports external Focus Managers. The NetPhantom Client class PFocusManager
can now be extended and has extra methods (super_NNN) that calls its superclass.
- New certificates from VeriSign valid until October 2009 are now used to sign the CAB and JAR files.
The links below indicates news implemented in the individual builds: